Listed in reverse order so newest are top
(some section are expandable others not - pretty much all the pictures are expandable [in new window])
September 28, 2016
I'm not using a mini handbrake so I needed to make up a right angled bracket to hold the cable in the right place and to have it operate correctly. Fuel tank also cleaned and sprayed up ready to be fitted which will be done after the bits behind the tank have been done.
August 23-5, 2016
!! Paint !!
It's seemed like forever to get here but at last the prep work has all been done, time to break out the spray gun.
May 18, 2015
Further 3 hours so we move another little bit forward - left side closures now nearly there. I was a bit worried about the radiator but have re-checked the bonnet doesn't foul on the radiator.
May 16, 2015
Slow but sure progress. Removable and opening front is now fitted and opening/closing. Engine given some oil and turned over but I need to do some more and fit a few bits before I can try starting the engine, but I have fitted the new alloy radiator and hoses in preparation. Bonnet now prepared and I hope to get the fastening in place in the near future - then we can strip it all down and start preparing for paint.
April 25, 2015
Front panels - getting there! Dzus twist fasteners fitted on right hand side, securing through a plate I made up. Fitted the wheel arch which will be blended in later on. Got some way with stripping the bonnet before giving it a temporary paint coat to prevent rusting before I finish it.
April 24, 2015
Front panels. After having to take some metal away fro the hinges to work I've applied some primer to prevent rust, then attached the left wing followed by the right, and got it with a 'check strap' in place. Also put the 'revolution' wheel in place to give me an idea of what it will look like.
April 20, 2015
After a long winter lay-off (unheated workshop and almost constant negative temperate since November) I am back at it and making progress. I managed to attach the hinges and with a bit of trial and error find where to locate them and then with the wings temporarily in place lined everything up.
Dry fit engine, steering, brakes.
Front Subframe & more. Another gap in time, got married, had another mini (1275GT) and other priorities - however getting stuck into in in 2014 and want to be finished by end of 2015.
Front Subframe. A bit of a gap since the previous update some of which can be filled in and other bits of time are accounted for by building a garage, other home improvements etc.